July 25, 2017

Idaho City Motala Saturday July 29, 2017 Update


The event is a go.  It will be 4 loops, from 1.2 - 1.5 K per loop.  You may choose to do as many or few loops as you like.  

Start location: https://goo.gl/maps/M9WTncjuLpJ2
Start time: 10 am

Beginners: There is no real "beginner" course, however, I will be happy to walk a loop with anyone who wants some coaching/company. Then, if you feel up to it, you can try one on your own. The area we are navigating in is reasonably small and there are bail-outs in several directions.

If you suffer from the heat and want to start earlier, contact me and I'll see what I can work out. Same thing if you need to start a little later.

Getting there:  I went in on "Bear Run Rd" (make a right at Main St, then Right on Bear Run, then stay right at several intersections) but I think you can also get in from 21. The roads were bumpy but not impassable, though I was glad I was in a vehicle with a little clearance.

We will be using SI stations for start, loop transitions, a few "close-together" controls on the course, and finish. You will use old fashioned punches for the other controls. Please email me your SI number or intentions to rent -- melaniecwright@gmail.com.

No comments: