Eagle Nest Meet Report
![]() |
| Clear Skies Looking Southwest from the Start |
Because the footprint of the Eagle Nest Map is much smaller, I questioned whether it supported a course design adequate to our advanced participants. As you will note below Sergey ran the map in 49 minutes flat settling the question in favor of the map. He kindly forwarded his route to me.
Note that Sergey's blue track has been offset slightly to the east in order to avoid obscuring trails he used. Also this image is a cropped version of the actual map. The control numbers for controls 15 and 16 are missing the first digit.
As advertised, this meet had no control bags and no punches. It was conducted entirely with the UsynligO app. To some extent using UsynligO was an experiment. I hoped it wasn't simply a way for me to ease my workload setting controls and picking them up. The participants seemed to be satisfied with this arrangement. I plan to use it in future meets. I now believe I can use Usynligo without apology.
Another aspect of Usynligo is the availability of these courses and maps to anyone at any time. If you want to run this course, you can. You will not have the safety factor of a scheduled meet with someone knowing where you are and when you are expected to return. So, you would be assuming that risk.
Sergey will be directing his Military Reserve Extravaganza on Sunday October 11. His maps have exceptional quality, and he is a master of course design. I hope to see you there.
John Murray
Meet Director



No comments:
Post a Comment